You don’t have to spend money or go to a professional to make your car smelling fresh. It also isn’t advisable to try and recreate that “new car” smell.
Because that smell is due to the release of Volatile Organic Compounds. Those are TOXIC in high concentrations. Those little green tree hangars attempt to copy that new car smell.
Instead of a “new car” smell, you can refresh your car without risking anyone’s health. You can:
1. Brush the carpet and vacuum – Take a handheld vacuum and run it over the seats. A lot of the time, bad odors come from food particles that have been left on the ground, on chairs, or even in the trunk.
2. Wipe down the interior with vinegar and water – This neutralizes odors that cannot be picked up by the vacuum. This especially applies to spilled liquid.
3. Place an open box of dryer sheets under the driver’s chair – Have your car always smell like a fresh pile of laundry!
4. Coffee bean aroma – Fill a sock with coffee beans and tie off the front end. You can place this under the car seats to create an uplifting fragrance for all passengers.
3. Unlit scented candle – The natural fragrance of UNLIT scented candles can overwhelm most odors. Either way, it allows you to choose the flavor you smell every morning.
4. Fresh Orange Peels – Orange peels neutralize odors while also contributing their own tangy scent. Having a few of these under the seat will increase the smell of freshness.
5. Roll up the windows and turn on the heat to emit any remaining odor. Then, go for a quick drive with the windows down.
6. If none of the prior measures work, then sprinkle baking soda over the problem areas and see if that helps.
These easy steps should get your vehicle smelling fresh again, If none of theses work, give us a call and we’ll schedule you for a full detailing!